- April 24, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Calendar & Events, Uncategorized
The conference will bring together representatives of African Governments, palliative care providers, patient groups, civil society organisations, development partners, faith-based organisations, private sector, researchers and academic institutions to engage and plan for the inclusion of palliative care and pain relief as a core component of UHC as a critical target in the global development agenda.
Aim of the conference
The conference will aim to facilitate an understanding of the trends and progress being made on access to palliative care and pain relief as a core component of Universal Health Coverage, and accelerate further action across Africa.
- To broaden understanding of palliative care and pain relief as a human right and core component of UHC.
- To enable Governments and development partners recognise the importance of palliative care and pain relief in UHC and consider its inclusion in their roadmaps towards UHC.
- Amplify the voices of beneficiaries/users of palliative care and pain relief services and their families.
- Share progress, innovations, lessons, best practices and cost effective interventions for ensuring universal access to palliative care and pain relief by people with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions in Africa.
- Sharing research evidence on access to palliative care and pain relief within the context of UHC.
- Share innovative partnerships and collaborations in achieving universal access to palliative care and pain relief as part of UHC.
- Bringing new players on board in efforts towards universal access to palliative care and pain relief services in Africa.
- Build Africa’s momentum for the UN high-level meeting on UHC in 2019
- Guide future planning and development of evidence-based policies and services.